KB Europe is currently advising on an opening for a Senior Interaction / Principal Designer. Our client is one of Europe’s most progressive companies specializing in Business and Social networking. The position is based at my client’s headquarters in Hamburg, Germany.
My client is looking for an experienced software engineer to enhance their abilities to design and implement the core infrastructure on which their agile software development teams build new products, or add new functionality. My client expects you to bring in your expertise to find innovative solutions for sometimes complex technical challenges. As a member of the architecture team, you will be responsible to ensure the alignment of new components with our overall architecture.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
• Review and improve existing architecture/infrastructure.
• Evaluate and recommend new technology/products to improve the existing ecosystem.
• Provide architecture consulting for development projects.
• Assume responsibility for scalability/availability and performance.
• Implement robust, highly scalable, highly optimized infrastructure components.
• Maintenance and improvement of the existing code base.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• You have experience in web application architecture (scalability, availability, APIs).
• You have experience designing and implementing distributed systems.
• You have strong experience with Ruby on Rails and Perl.
• You are passionate about and excel in solving challenging problems.
• You like to stay on the cutting edge of web application design and implementation.
• You are into pair programming and agile methodologies in general.
• You are a team player and enjoy sharing knowledge.
• You are fluent in English.
• Contribution in open source projects
• Experience with messaging systems
• Experience with mobile applications
What we offer:
• Working on a high availability, high performance, high traffic website with more than 10 million users
• Working on large, distributed, asynchronous architectures
• Team centric software development (pair programming)
• We use Open Source software wherever possible and we contribute back
• Central location in Hamburg, near the beautiful Alster
• Free fruits and beverages
If this role is of interest to you and you are looking to join one of Europe’s most progressive organisations please send your CV immediately for consideration
• Email you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call Kevin on: +44 (0) 207 731 4211
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Comments are closed.